A By-election is scheduled for November 21, 2022, to fill one vacant councillor position.
NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
The Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) governs elections for Alberta’s local jurisdictions, including the Town of Rocky Mountain House. All candidates should check the LAEA for complete details on the nomination process.
All candidates must provide Form 4 Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance completed in full, to the Town of Rocky Mountain House. The nomination period is between September 7, 2022 and October 24, 2022 at noon.
No nominations will be accepted after noon on Monday, October 24, 2022.
Members of the public may request to inspect nomination papers by visiting the Town Office or contacting the Returning Officer.
Candidate Handbook and printed forms are also available at the Town Office.
Download the following forms from Alberta Municipal Affairs:
Form 4 - Nomination Paper and Candidates Acceptance (Municipal Affairs)
Form 5 - Candidate Financial Information (Municipal Affairs)
Form 11 - Enumerator, Candidate or Official Agent Proof of ID for Sec 52 Access (Municipal Affairs)
Form 12 - Campaign Worker Proof of ID (Municipal Affairs)
Form 16 - Statement of Scrutineer or Official Agent (Municipal Affairs)
Form 26 - Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement (Municipal Affairs)
WHO CAN VOTE
To be eligible to vote in the November 21 By-election, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old as of November 21, 2022;
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be a resident of the Town of Rocky Mountain House on Election Day (November 21, 2022); and
- Provide authorized voter identification.
WHEN AND WHERE TO VOTE
The voting station will be at the Rocky Regional Recreation Centre located at 5332 – 50 Street in Rocky Mountain House.
[Advanced vote] Thursday, November 17, 2022, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
[Election Day] Monday, November 21, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 7, 2022: First day to file nomination papers.
- Monday, October 24, 2022: Last day to file nomination papers. Deadline is 12 p.m. (noon).
- Tuesday, October 25, 2021: 12 p.m. (noon) deadline for candidates to withdraw nominations (restrictions apply).
- Thursday, November 17, 2022: Advanced Voting.
- Monday, November 21, 2022: Election Day.
- Friday, November 25, 2022: Official Election Results.
For more information please contact the Town’s Returning Officer:
403-845-2866 ext. 288
This page was updated on September 7, 2022