Visit Alberta Biz Connect for workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely.
Business Link is hub for Alberta entrepreneurs.
This is an Alberta-based site dedicated to helping business leaders understand the challenges and opportunities associated with running your business operations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Resources for Businesses
Covid-19 Continuity This is an Alberta-based site dedicated to helping business leaders understand the challenges and opportunities associated with running your business operations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
There are several resources available to help businesses and employers navigate through the COVID-19 outbreak.
Please fill out the COVID-19 Business Impact Survey to help gather information on what business' priority needs and required resources are at this time. This information is anonymous and will help Economic Development Officers working with municipalities across Alberta analyze the current impacts and prepare to assist with recovery.
Support for Businesses & Employers:
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Resources for Canadian Business
- What should entrepreneurs do to prepare? - BDC
- Business Continuity Plan
- Business Continuity Checklist - Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Crisis Communication Plan Template – Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Business Continuity & Recovery Plan Template – Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Coronavirus Advice: How Employers Can Protect Their Staff and Business
- World Health Organization - Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Information Poster
- MYD Global YouTube Channel on "All things disaster"
- Keeping your employees safe (CFIB)
- New Employment Insurance Provisions
- International Tourism updates with Destination Canada
- Travel Alberta updates for Tourism Industry
- Tips for Alberta Business and Community Leaders Working to Address the Social and Economic Fall-Out from the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Public Transport Industry
- Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Guidance documents
- Guide for Municipal Leaders onf Canada's and Alberta's Economic Response to COVID-19
- Map of Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE)
For assistance with any of these resources, please contact Town of Rocky Mountain House Economic Development Officer Jeff Hartling at 403-846-4260. Contact Jeff by e-mail.
Working Together to Meet Demand
If you are a Canadian manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, the federal government is requesting your help. The Government of Canada is looking to hear from anyone that:
- Manufactures in Canada and/or has ready access to necessary inputs through their supply chain
- Has equipment or facilities that can be rapidly re-tooled to meet medical needs, including for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks and surgical gowns, sanitizer, wipes, ventilators, and other medical equipment/supplies
- Has skilled workers who are able to respond and who could be available for work in the current circumstances
- If you can help, you are encouraged to send a short summary of your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Individuals
- Government of Alberta - Emergency Financial Assistance
If you are facing an unexpected emergency, you can apply for emergency financial assistance.
If you are an existing Income Support recipient, contact your support worker.
Otherwise, apply online or by calling the 24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre:
Government of Alberta Emergency Isolation Support
Eligible working Albertans can receive a one-time emergency isolation support payment of $1,146 if they are required to self-isolate or are the sole caregiver of someone in self-isolation and they have no other source of pay or compensation.
If you need help completing your application, call Alberta Connects at 310-4455, open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm. Please be patient as call volumes may be high.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - Service Canada
Will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to eligible workers who have lost their income due to COVID-19.