Main content of the website

  • fontA
  • A
  • A

Water & Wastewater utilities

The Town of Rocky Mountain House provides water, sewer, and garbage collection services for its residents. Bylaw 2019/05V governs the administration of these services. 

The Town of Rocky Mountain House does not make a profit on utilities, and only charges what it costs to deliver utility services to residents and businesses. Recent changes to utility rates and and fees are outlines in the 2019 Water, Sewer, and Solid Waste Fact Sheet

Utilities are invoiced monthly. 

Please note that the Town of Rocky Mountain House will apply your payment to your account on the day on which it is received. It is your responsibility to ensure your payment is received by the due date. 


  • Pay in person by debit, credit card, cash or cheque at:
    5116 50th Ave.
    Rocky Mountain House    
  • Mail a cheque to:
    P.O. Box 1509
    Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1B2    
  • Pay online through your financial institution using “Rocky Mountain House Utility” as the payee. Please note: online payments may take 1-3 business days to process.
  • Signup for the pre-authorized utility payment option (print and return the form to the Town Office with a VOID cheque).
  • Online Credit Card payments may be completed through This secure, third-party Canadian payment provider accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express for a convenience fee.                                                    


All new utility accounts will be created and remain in the name of the property owner as per Bylaw 2019/05V. As a property owner, if you would like your tenant to receive a copy of the property’s utility bill, please download the Landlord/Tenant Agreement form and return to the Town Office or email to


Electronic billing for Utilities is now available! If you would like to sign up for eBilling, please submit a request to with the email you would like to use. Please also provide your name, address, phone number and account number.

Alternatively, you may print the eBillling Form and mail or drop off the information at the Town Office, 5116 50 Ave

Note: The email server does not accept encrypted emails - please phone, mail or come into the office if you do not wish to send information via email.

For more information contact the Town Office at 403-845-2866.


Properties with utility accounts 90 days past-due will receive a disconnection notice. The accounts must be paid within 10 days of notice, otherwise disconnection will take place. If there is a corresponding tax roll, the amount in arrears will be transferred to the property taxes in lieu of a disconnection, as per Bylaw 2019/05V.


Where the water supply has been disconnected due to default of payment, reconnection shall only happen after payment of all arrears, penalties, and disconnection charges have been paid. Please be aware there will be a fee of $50 added to any account that is disconnected. Service calls after 4 PM or on a non-business day are subject to a $100 fee.

For more information on all utility services, responsibilities and fees, please refer to Bylaw 2019/05V or Fees and Rates Bylaw 2019/01V.


You are responsible for paying your utility invoice on time. It is your responsibility to ensure The Town of Rocky Mountain House has your current contact information on file. This minimizes missed payments, and will ensure any remaining deposits or final billings are sent to the proper address.

If you are moving or otherwise making any changes to your mailing address, name or telephone number, please let us know by completing a Change of Details form and returning it to